Engineers at Zomato are the backbone of the company. Our passion is anchored in the work that we do, and this is reflected in the impact we make on millions of lives on a daily basis. Our team is empowered by building products and tools that serve millions of customers and restaurants across the globe. Whether it's helping users discover a restaurant virtually or ordering in from their favourite restaurants, there's plenty to sink your teeth into.
Zomato is currently working on interesting problems and solving challenges everyday that take us a step closer to our mission 'Better Food For More People’.
Check out our blogs for all the recent updates!
About the role
The team works on cutting edge stuff such as reactive programming and also all our apps are moving to Kotlin. The team places a heavy emphasis on architectural correctness. Suggestions on new mobile methodologies and technologies is what is sought for from the candidate along with the ability to work and deliver on key components.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day
- Own end to end feature development using latest architecture, design patterns and most importantly write secure and performant code by working closely with the product, UX/UI and backend teams
- Build reusable libraries, toolkits and developer tools for usage across multiple mobile teams on Zomato
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and user experience level
- Constantly raise the bar by reviewing each others code, share knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally help out - within and across teams
- Evaluate and suggest new mobile methodologies and technologies
- Work with a team of smart, entrepreneurial and highly motivated folks working towards world-changing goals in a fast-paced agile environment
- Be an advocate of user experience by maintaining 99.9% crash-free and ANR sessions at all times
Who fits the bill?
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- Up-to-date on the modern Android programming paradigm, including the use of Kotlin, Java, RxJava, MVVM, etc and writing unit and functional tests and TDD
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines a plus