Area Sales Manager
Zomato as an organisation has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford.
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato, here is our Annual Report FY’19 and half year financial report FY2020. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of. Check out how life at zomato looks like and our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role
The value derived by our users from Zomato’s platform depends on the breadth and depth (available choice) of restaurants they find on Zomato.
As an Area Sales Manager, you will play a key role in supporting the City Head with their daily tasks for growing Zomato’s business in the city. Also, you will be responsible for managing a highly dynamic and young breed of sales and account managers.
Here's what you'll do day to day
- Work closely with the City Head and support them with end to end city business and P&L
- Assign targets, allocate leads and track the performance of each team member along with ensuring the efficiency of their work
- Provide effective leadership to the team to ensure all sales managers meet/exceed sales target provided to them by actively mentoring and guiding them
- Maintain strong relationships with key merchants in the area by planning regular visits and interactions
- Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity
- Track and optimize client ROI within portfolio by suggesting improvements in campaign creatives and messaging
- Identify revenue opportunities in your assigned area and create & execute plans to capitalise on these opportunities
- Effectively manage inventory in your area to maximise yield, revenue, utilization and penetration in the zone
- Plan and execute regular trainings to fill existing gaps and upskill the team
Who fits the bill?
- 4-5 years of sales experience with strong analytical skills
- Enjoys solving complex problems through analytical excellence and commercial acumen
- Has strong people skills with 2+ years of experience in managing and leading layered teams and budgets
- Proven track record of achieving targets - including planning, team management and execution of plans to achieve the desired business goals
- Should possess – strong work ethic, willingness to get hands dirty and get stuff done
- Has good business judgment, strong prioritization skills, an unwavering focus, and the ability to multitask while working in a highly charged environment