Area Sales Manager - Melbourne
Zomato is a full stack food tech platform focused on restaurant search, discovery and transactions. Across most of our focus countries, we’re the go to food app for all our users. In the last few years Zomato has also steadily built its transaction business on the back of a strong search and discovery business.
As an Area Sales Manager, you will play a key role in managing a team of 4-7 people and helping them to acquire/manage the right set of restaurants to use Zomato thereby helping users and merchants derive maximum value from it.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- A team management-intensive role where you are required to do team management and manage/acquire critical client accounts, which have higher degree of complexity in terms of client serving.
- Ensure and maintain the financial health of an area relating to revenue.
- Manage and mentor your team to handle end-to-end client relationships including pitching, negotiation, contracting, billing/invoicing, payment collection and troubleshooting
- Assign targets, allocate leads and track the work of each team member along with ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of their work
- Maintain area-reports which include revenue numbers, payment collections and evaluation of performance
- Allocate targets and calculate incentives for your team
- Setting up different processes for better team functionality
- Ongoing training and development for your team
Here's what we are looking for:
- In-depth understanding of the sales ecosystem and who fully embraces that we are just 1% done
- Manage a sales team of between 1 – 7 Key Account Managers / Business Development Associates
- 5-10 years of intensive sales and people management experience
- Strong sense of initiative and comfortable managing and working along with diverse teams and multiple stakeholders
- Articulate,organized, detail-oriented, tech savvy and has the ability to multi-task
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Familiarity with the geography of the Melbourne
- High ethical standards
- Comfortable with ambiguity and unpredictable work hours
#Applications from candidates with rights to work and live in Australia PERMANENTLY only will be considered.