Assistant Manager - Governance, Risk & Compliance
Zomato as an organization has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford.
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato, here is our Annual Report FY’19 and Half Yearly report HY'20. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of. Check out how life at Zomato looks like and our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role:
Assistant Manager, Governance, Risk & Compliance is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews. Will also be responsible to implement and maintain internal controls and risk management framework.
Here's what you'll do day to day:
- Planning financial, operational, compliance and regulatory reviews/audits
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying internal controls needed to mitigate identified risks
- Communicating to appropriate audience the audit scope, protocol, status, issues, risks and recommendations via written reports and presentations
- Execute end to end process walkthroughs, documentation and testing of internal financial controls
- Analysing and concluding on effectiveness and efficiency of controls in the organisation
- Designing and documenting effective audit procedures
- Assessing and identifying risks by applying business/technical/industry knowledge, and escalating to appropriate managers, as and when needed
- Developing and managing productive and collaborative relationships with designated audit customers and other key stakeholders
- Overseeing department workflow and providing guidance to associates on departmental projects/issues
- Communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to team members
- Help and support in implementation of Tools/ Integration of systems which help in strengthen the internal control environment
- Tracking, compiling and reporting departmental KPIs
- Performing special projects and other duties as assigned
- Coordinate and/ or Manage co-source IA partners and other consultants, if and when required
- Support in enhancing the controls and governance environment in the organisation
Who fits the bill?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Chartered Accountants/ Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of internal auditing, accounting, process reviews, risk management, financial analysis, information systems or compliance/regulatory experience required
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously and be comfortable with ambiguity/ chaos
- Experience in ERP Tools – SAP etc.