Assistant Manager- Taxation
Zomato is a global online food platform helping people find new places to eat and it our mission to build amazing experiences around dining. Starting with information for over 1 million restaurants (and counting) globally, we're making dining smoother and more enjoyable. We are doing this globally, Zomato is used by millions everyday to decide where to eat in over 10,000 cities, across 23 countries.
Restaurants improve their discoverability through Zomato’s hyperlocal advertising platform - currently most of Zomato’s business is driven by the Discovery business. Additionally, products like Zomato Order help them grow their delivery business and Zomato Book helps optimize their table reservations. Our point of sales system Zomato Base, though at the nascent stage has the potential to revolutionize the restaurant industry.
Here is what you will do day-to- day:
- To liaise with consultants for Indian direct tax (including transfer pricing) and indirect tax compliance and filings, including tax audits, assessments, scrutiny by the Tax Authorities
- Responsible for handling direct tax compliances such as withholding tax, corporate tax returns and indirect tax compliances such as service tax payments, returns
- Conducting research and work closely with consultants on transfer pricing matters to ensure that the inter-company transactions are in line with transfer pricing regulations
- Responsible for coordinating with the tax consultants for assessment proceedings, TDS assessments and service tax inquiries
- To provide assistance to different team on taxation matters and to coordinate with internal teams for resolving tax issues/ queries, reviewing agreements etc.
- To research on issues/ tax changes/ developments around Indian taxation and to liaise with the consultants for queries
- To assist with implementation of Goods and Services Tax
- To assist with managing taxation compliance for overseas subsidiaries such as coordination with tax consultants of respective jurisdictions and monitoring filings, ensuring compliance with local laws.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant with 2-4 years of relevant taxation experience