Editor - Sydney
Zomato’s mission is to ensure nobody has a bad meal. We do this by helping people discover great places to eat around them and building amazing experiences around dining. Starting with information for over 1 million restaurants (and counting) globally, we're making dining smoother and more enjoyable. Zomato is used by millions everyday to decide where to eat in over 10,000 cities, across 23 countries. Going forward, Zomato intends to explore newer business opportunities and eventually establish end to end solutions to the user as well as the merchant.
You will be joining our young, passionate and committed team in Sydney. As a Sydney Editor you will be responsible in managing, editing and creating authentic, original and credible content for your city. Ultimately, you should be able to maintain quality and consistency across media types and web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility.
Zomato’s editor will have an innate understanding of what makes Sydney one of the most exciting cities in the world, and a burning desire to tell its stories. Moreover as a leader, the successful candidate would need to have “hands-on” experience in managing a team as well as getting their own hands dirty, working together with their team and with other editors across the organization.
- Manage and motivate a team of content creators — internal staff and external contributors — developing and delivering exceptional content across all available publications and platforms, including editorial articles, the business directory, social media, photography and video
- Create, delegate and commission exceptional content that drives audience growth, reader engagement and where applicable, delivers on client goals
- Collaborate with the marketing team to maximise distribution and effectiveness of content
- Manage all client content creation — from small restaurants through to national brands — delivering creative, effective solutions for our customers while maintaining audience engagement
- Set benchmarks and processes for maintaining quality, integrity, timeliness, and authenticity
- Establish and manage annual budgets, traffic and engagement targets; analysing variances and providing insights to Zomato team
- Maintain exceptional customer service standards, developing processes and procedures to ensure client satisfaction
- Tell compelling stories of Sydney culture and food in thoughtful and unique ways.
- Proactively monitor trends across other media platforms, engaging in industry best practices and delivering insights to the team
- Take an active role in developing your own skill base and education, while contributing to building the skill sets of other team members
- Min. 4-5 years experience in generating, managing, editing and distributing content, preferably online and digital or publishing house.
- A passion for, and broad knowledge of, Sydney food and restaurant industry
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven record of achieving business targets
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Hands on experience establishing and interacting with online communities. Expertise with email marketing, SEO and social media a plus
- Broad content creation skill set, including writing, editing and management of photography/image-based assets. Experience with video content creation a plus
- Excellent organisational and management skills (Min. 2 years management experience). Attention to detail a must
- Flexibility to travel — some travel will be required
- Desire to collaborate with, and contribute to, a proactive start up team
Apply only if you have the rights to live and work in Australia INDEFINITELY. Only successful candidates will be contacted.