Note that this position is based out of Kolkata. Please apply for this only if you're willing to work in this location.
Zomato as an organization has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford.
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato here is our Annual Report FY’19 and this is what life at Zomato looks like. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point, we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of. Check out our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role:
Our Zomato sales team works simultaneously on multiple fronts - user onboarding, retention along with restaurateur experience and real-time payment settlements.
Here's what you'll do day to day:
- Ensure that Zomato has the most comprehensive selection of restaurants by signing up the target merchants quickly and effectively
- This is a field intensive role where you onboard merchants on Zomato’s platform and help them engage with their audience
- Build an in-depth understanding of the restaurants in your city across categories and sign up the right set of restaurants to partner with
- Efficiently solve problems and make smart decisions to ensure supply is our competitive advantage
- Manage and grow long term relationships with the merchants: identify opportunities and take initiatives to grow the business of your accounts
- Analyze data and ensure month on month growth of your merchant business by making decisions on aspects like pricing and coverage
- Own all aspects of merchant satisfaction and help solve issues, troubleshoot as required
- Manage end-to-end client relationship including pitching, negotiation, contracting, billing/ invoicing, payment collection, result tracking and troubleshooting
Who fits the bill?
- 1-3 years of prior sales experience
- Understands how the sales ecosystem functions
- Should be presentable, articulate, data-oriented and is able to multi-task
- Relevant experience in B2B sales would be a plus
- Is strong at account management and relationship building