Senior Associate – Governance, Risk and Compliance
Why should you join Zomato?
Zomato is a restaurant search and discovery platform, providing in-depth information for over 1.4 million restaurants across 24 countries. Zomato is used by consumers globally to discover, rate and review restaurants, as well as create their own personal network of foodies for trusted recommendations.
Restaurants improve their discoverability through Zomato’s hyperlocal advertising platform - currently this forms a large part of Zomato’s revenue. Over the last 2 years Zomato’s Online Ordering business has matured and become fast-paced. At the very core of this business is great user experience, creating cutting-edge technology to connect restaurant businesses and customers in ways that will revolutionise the restaurant industry.
About the role :
Senior Associate, Governance Risk and Compliance is responsible for executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/ reviews
Here's what you will do day to day :
- Executing financial, operational, compliance and regulatory reviews/ audits
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying controls needed to mitigate identified risks and opportunities for improvements
- Communicating to appropriate audience the audit scope, protocol, status, issues, risks and recommendations via written reports and presentations
- Analyzing and concluding on effectiveness and efficiency of controls in the organization
- Documenting effective audit procedures, test scripts and test results
- Assessing and identifying risks by applying business/ technical/ industry knowledge, and escalating to appropriate managers, as and when needed
- Developing and managing productive and collaborative relationships with designated audit customers and other key stakeholders
- Communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to team members
- Performing special projects, investigations, and other duties as assigned
Here's what we are looking for :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Chartered Accountants / Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of internal or external auditing, accounting, controls testing, risk management, financial analysis, information systems or compliance/ regulatory experience required
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications, SAP and data analytics tools
- Perform data analytics to review processes, transactions and financial data
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, knowledge of business process and related risks
- Experience in implementation and review of Internal Financial Controls would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesize, organize and interpret data and information
- Strong interpersonal skills, project management skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks & priorities simultaneously and be comfortable with ambiguity/