Senior Business Analyst
Zomato as an organization has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford.
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato, here is our Annual Report FY’19 , HY FY2020 and this is what life at Zomato looks like. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point, we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of. Check out our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role:
Manage the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, and analysis. You must have a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company.
The role requires you to work closely with leaders across functions to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions and ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures. This role demands very high advanced data analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering.
- Examine, interpret and communicate the results of analytical initiatives to relevant stakeholders. Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet the needs
Who fits the bill?
- People with 3-5 years of experience in monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience leading a team. The right candidate should also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Strong programming skills with querying languages like SQL, SAS with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques:
- GLM multiple regression
- Logistic regression
- Log-linear regression
- Variable selection
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: collecting and mapping data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Understanding of and experience in using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities