Senior Features Writer - Chennai
Zomato’s mission is to ensure nobody has a bad meal. We do this by helping people discover great places to eat around them and building amazing experiences around dining. Starting with information for over 1 million restaurants (and counting) globally, we're making dining smoother and more enjoyable. Zomato is used by millions everyday to decide where to eat in over 10,000 cities, across 23 countries. Going forward, Zomato intends to explore newer business opportunities and eventually establish end to end solutions to the user as well as the merchant.
What is the role?
We are looking for a senior features writer / editor for a full time staff position. This role is ideal for anyone who loves editing, writing, and is obsessed with telling the stories about food and the restaurant industry. Candidates will be working on tailoring rich media to Zomato’s audience and interpret insights to help our users discovers restaurants they will love!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Editing food related articles and upholding them to an editorial standard adhering to Zomato’s content guidelines.
- Ideating and creating story plans and storyboards.
- Collaborating with business and sales teams to understand their needs and conceptualizing stories that engage audiences and drive sales
- Analyzing traffic and conversion results on stories, provide recommendations for improvement, and continuously develop new successful types of content.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders like sales, marketing, content to deliver on KPI’s
- 5-6 years of experience in a digital media environment at an senior writer or editor level or a similar role
- Excellent copy editing and sub editing skills - ability to set the tone of voice for Zomato features
- Proficient written and verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong organisational skills paired with the ability to introduce and evolve processes
- Good understanding of the restaurants (food and beverage) industry
- Strong project management skills and meticulous planning capability. Must be self-motivated and should be able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse and respond to data reports and audience growth initiatives
- Social media experience with a good knowledge of SEO