Software Development Engineer II/III
Zomato as an organization has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato, here is our Annual Report FY’19 , HY'20 and this is what life at Zomato looks like. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of.
Check out our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role
You will be responsible to ensure seamless user interaction with our products and aim to enhance this on a daily basis. Our tightly-knit engineering team works on a wide range of cutting-edge products – from an array of high-quality consumer applications to building world-class solutions for restaurant owners. If you know what it takes to build magical user experiences and consider performance to be the key feature of your app, this is definitely the right place for you.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day
- Design and build efficient, scalable systems that are used by millions of people across the globe
- Own what you build as you create, test and refine what’s under the hood of our pages and services
- Work closely with iOS, Android and web developers to develop backend services that meet their needs
- Be proactive in finding ways to improve the performance, architecture and development processes for a high performance computation system
- Investigate production/ performance issues pertaining to customer features to determine root cause and implement solutions with performance optimization in mind
- Identify libraries and technologies worth experimentation
- Be responsible for developing predictive systems, creating efficient algorithms and
improving data quality in the context of clinical trials
- Discover, design, develop, deploy, debug. Repeat!
Who fits the bill?
- Minimum 3-8 years of experience in working with a significant consumer-facing website or service
- Strong command over at least one of PHP / Golang / Java / NodeJS / Python including debugging and performance analysis
- Experience working with Relational and Non Relational databases and understanding their data models and performance tradeoffs
- Strong database design and query writing skills with a commitment to performance and efficiency
- Worked with real time web applications and event driven architectures
- Understanding of caching techniques and systems like Memcache / Redis
- Comfortable with search engines like Solr or ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture, micro services and distributed systems
- Knowledge of REST paradigm